Method for the Cruffin
- Evenly space 6 large muffin liners into a standard twelve cup muffin pan. Hint: These cruffins will need the space to grow.
- Prepare two muffin pans.
- Allow the croissants to defrost completely. To shape the croissant, pull the ends together and cross them over and knot.
- Place the croissants in the muffin liners and bake for 25 – 30 min at 180°
- Once the cruffins are out of the oven allow them cool slightly, then roll in some caster sugar. Set aside to cool completely.
- Once cooled, inject with the pre-prepared lemon curd.
- Hint: To make strawberry cruffins, fill them with your favorite strawberry jam.
Method for the Curd
- Beat the whole eggs, egg yolks and sugar together.
- Melt the butter over a low heat in a heavy-based saucepan.
- Once melted stir in the sugar and egg mixture along with the lemon juice and zest, keep cooking at a low heat. Stirring constantly until thickened.
- Allow the curd to cool slightly, then pour into a 350ml jar.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to use.