Method for the Filling
- Melt the butter and olive oil together. Fry the onions and leeks until they are soft, glassy and slightly brown.
- Add the Sparkling wine and stock. Reduce by half.
- Add the Versatie®, mustard and a few sprigs of Tarragon.
- Bring the sauce to the boil, then reduce to sauce consistency.
- Be careful not to over reduce.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, lemon juice and zest.
- Set the sauce aside to cool.
- Season the chicken breast pieces with salt, pepper and lemon zest and place them in the oven to bake for 10 min at 180°C.
- Combine the sauce with the par cooked chicken pieces.
- Divide the filling evenly between 10 ramekins. Ensure that you have enough sauce in each ramekin
Method for the Crust
- Slightly defrost the puff pastry. Cut into rounds 1cm larger than the ramekins you are using. Place the pastry rounds over the ramekins.
- Mix the egg yolks and salt.
- Attach the pastry to the ramekin with a little bit of egg glaze.
- Cut a decorative pattern into the pastry lids.
- Sprinkle with a bit of cracked salt.
- Brush the egg glaze over the pastry lids.
- Bake the pot pies at 190°C until golden brown.