As the global COVID-19 pandemic continues its impact around the world, we want to take a moment to share with you how Rich Products Africa is responding to this evolving situation. Associate, customer and business partners’ safety and health is of great importance to us thus, the following precautionary measures are in place and to support the efforts to contain the spread of the disease. We have connected with and are following guidance from the Centres for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organisation to ensure we have a full and fact-based understanding of this pandemic. We’ve also been in regular communication with our industry peers to compare best practices and readiness plans.
Based on our values as a global, family-owned company we have:
- Increased communication efforts with our Associates.
- Increasing our health and sanitation activities.
- Implemented a travel ban.
- Cancelled or postponed all non-essential meetings and events that involve large gatherings of people.
- Created a cross-functional, company-wide COVID-19 task force to plan for related challenges we may encounter in the days, weeks and months ahead.
- It is our focus to limit the potential disruption to the supply chain.
- Creation of a Supply chain sub-task force evaluating labour, network, ingredient, transportation and warehousing risk and refining business continuity plans as needed.
- Reinforcement of Good Manufacturing Practices and personal hygiene procedures and etiquette among all associates – in our facilities, sales and corporate offices.
- Mandating to all associates that if they are sick, to please stay at home.
- Encourage all associates to leverage collaboration tools to connect and collaborate with customers, external business partners and colleagues in lieu of travel and non-business essential in-person meetings.